Maintain your optimal oral health by staying ahead of any naturally occurring changes. As we age the conditions in our mouths can gradually change, an annual appointment with the dentist is the best preventative dentistry you can have.
We love to make your visit to our practice as relaxing as possible. We recommend booking a single or family combination appointment for your preventive hygiene treatments.
During a dental exam, the dentist will
- Oral cancer screening – checking for lumps, bumps and sores.
- Diagnosis of any potential periodontal disease.
- Checking of soft tissues, jaw alignment, muscles and tongue.
- Monitoring dental occlusion. Looking for evidence of grinding that can cause wear and damage to teeth. We have noted there has been a significant increase of the amount of patients grinding and clenching during the pandemic.
- Building a comprehensive charting and history of your teeth to aid in monitoring your oral health. We reduce health risks by identifying potential caries. Early prevention and treatment of caries prevents more extensive and expensive treatment such as fillings or root canal treatment. Your treatment quotes for restorative dentistry are complimentary in this appointment.
- Discuss any concerns or oral health questions you might have. Including how you aesthetically feel about your teeth or how your medications can influence your oral health.
- Provide referrals to other specialists if required.
- Includes routine bitewing x-rays that allow the dentist to see between your teeth and below your gums to the roots of your teeth. These are taken every two to three years as a preventative measure.
meet Dr Maeve Murphy
SPECIAL INTEREST IN COSMETIC DENTISTRY
BDS NUI (Hons) Dentist - IDC No: 7207
Maeve qualified from UCC in 2007 after being awarded the Kerr prize for Dentistry and a bursary from the British Society for the Study of Prosthetic Dentistry.
She has worked in general practice in Edinburgh, Cashel, Carrigaline and Glanmire. She particularly enjoys working with nervous patients and is trained in extra techniques to help make the dental experience as relaxed as possible for them.read more
General Dentistry Treatments
Children’s Dental Care Kinsale
Dentures are removable false teeth that are made of acrylic resin and can include a metal framework.
Root Canal Treatment
Root canal therapy is needed when the pulp in a tooth becomes inflamed and infected from a build-up of bacteria.