Sinus Lift + Bone Augmentation
Implant eligibility may be improved with treatments prior to placement. Additional treatment can allow for implants to become achievable for patients recovered from facial injuries, defects or who have recovered from periodontitis and now have stabilised oral health.
Requirement for these treatments is diagnosed and prescribed by your Implantologist following a 3D scan. Your procedure may be undertaken prior to the placement of your implant or during your placement appointment and will depend on your prescribed healing time.
You will not require any additional referrals to specialists our highly experienced and mastered implantologist will work with you in practice for all of your appointments.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Improves the patients’ ability to Smile, Chew and Speak
By securing the dentures in the mouth and fixing the gaps in between the teeth, Many patients maintain that this improvement drastically increases their overall confidence in everyday life.
Dental Implants require No Special Maintenance
We generally recommend that you maintain good oral hygiene with brushing and flossing and routine check-ups and hygienist visits every 6 months.
Restore and Enhance Facial Contours
When people have missing teeth or gaps in their smile it can throw off the alignment of the mouth and facial shape, this can be rectified by using Dental Implants.
Implants are totally Secure and Stable as they are Anchored into the Jaw
Unlike conventional bridges which involve tooth preparation dental implants are not supported by adjacent teeth. therefore there is no risk of damaging or affecting the structure of existing teeth.
Dental implant restorations Look, Feel and Act like Natural Teeth
Once the titanium dental implant is placed in the jaw it is covered by either a porcelain or porcelain fused to metal crown, bridge or dentures consisting of an acrylic base and plastic or porcelain teeth and are made to match your existing teeth.
World leading implants
Highly experienced clinicians
Life changing results
State of the art equipment and facilities
Exceptional aftercare and service as standard
meet Dr P.J. Power
SPECIAL INTEREST IN Dental ImplantsBDS NUI Msc (Dent Imp) Principal Dentist - IDC No: 4192
PJ qualified from Cork in 1983 and has practised as a dentist ever since. He worked in Billericay and Wickford, Essex for a number of years before establishing the Kinsale practice with his wife Dr Janet Power in 1992.
In 1991 he completed Dental Implant training with pioneers in the field including Professor David Harris at the Wellington Hospital, Harley Street, London and Professor Per-Ingvar Branemark in Gothenburg, Sweden, and has been placing dental implants in Kinsale, Ireland and Wickford, UK since.read more
Dental implants are the gold standard in replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, full mouth replacement or for improving the stability of dentures. Implants are the only treatment option that closely resembles the function of your natural tooth as the implant fixture is surgically anchored in your jaw bone the same way the root of your natural tooth exists. The fixture of the implant is a titanium post, the prosthetic crown of the tooth is custom fabricated to fit your mouth and then attached to the implant fixture at your gum line.
Implants are a non-removable (permanent) tooth replacement option. The health and successful function of your implant relies on your oral health. Medical conditions and some life style habits may change your eligibility or requirements for implant treatment. Therefore a diagnosis from an experienced and qualified implantologist is essential before you commit to surgical treatments. For more non clinical information on implants please contact our practice treatment coordinator.
For more clinical diagnosis and information on implants, please contact our practice for a 3D scan appointment with Dr PJ Power.
Implants may be completed in a single appointment or a course of appointments and time. As implants are surgically placed in bone, healing phases are essential. This time allows your bone to integrate to the implant fixture and ensure the strength and function of the prosthetic tooth that will be attached to the implant.
Your clinical diagnosis appointment is the key to understanding your implant journey as it will be unique to you. We offer different temporary options during implant healing phases to ensure you are not without teeth at any time during your treatment. Our practice treatment coordinator is available for complimentary non clinical discussions about possible implant treatment.
- Function like natural teeth once restored meaning there are no dietary restrictions once placed.
- Improve ability to eat and therefore improves general health and wellbeing.
- Are a non-removable replacement option for one tooth, multiple or a full arch of teeth.
- Are natural in appearance.
- Improve confidence.
- Recovery time from treatment is short and does not require special changes to your lifestyle.
- Implant maintenance is simple and maintained with good oral hygiene techniques and routine examinations.
- Restore and enhance facial contours previously lost through missing teeth.
- Are stabilised by the implant fixture to function independently and therefore do not rely on the structural alteration of healthy natural teeth to support function.
- The prosthetic tooth attachment is strong, durable and stain resistant. Replacing the prosthetic crown for any reason is easily attainable without replacing the entire implant.
- Are a surgical procedure.
- Due to the healing phase required, implants are not always an immediate replacement option such as a denture.
- Financially requires more upfront commitment. Alternative treatment options may be more affordable initially. As changes occur naturally in our mouths as we age, alternative treatments may need to be replaced in time. The replacement costs of these treatments long term are comparative to your implant treatment fee as implants do not require replacement.
- The same as alternative dental treatments, prosthetic teeth are matched to the colour of your natural remaining teeth to ensure a natural appearance. Changing the colour of the tooth requires remaking the crown.
Sinus Lift surgery is a separate procedure to your implant placement to improve your eligibility for implant placement. It may be completed during your implant placement appointment or prior to your placement appointment. Our sinus is a soft membrane filled with air and are located above our upper jaw. When teeth have been missing for an extended time period the bone in this area diminishes in height as it is no longer active in supporting the root of a tooth.
With less bone in the area, your sinus may become enlarged or descended and move down into this space. With this space now occupied by the sinus, there is no room to place an implant. Sinus lift surgery restores and improves sinus location to a natural position with a gentle lifting procedure. Bone is then placed to secure the sinus placement.
STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
Please contact us for more information